Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

some more work done

New head bearings

Packed with this stuff (Wheelie Junkie says its the shit) Its Like Gorilla snot but seems to do the trick

one day closer and more paint

I wound up using genuine Harley Davidson motor paint it was 30 ish bux a can. HOLY WHAT you say actually it worked like gang busters ( really well)

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Oh dam its Hump day! (Wendsday)

Coffee its what moves us


Supermoto its whats for breakfast.

A bunch of us in Victoria BC rip around westren speed way on our supermotos it ant much but its fun as hell. So I made a few movies...







little bit more done


Swingarm is on shock is on.
Looks good so far...
Need to paint a few more things.....
next is the head bearings

Odds and ends

Painting bolts
Heat em up and Paint away!
600 degrees should do it...

2 stroke or 4?

I have always liked the "see through" motors.


Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bits add up

I am picking up a mess of stuff from the bike shop today (Fast turn around on the parts order 3 days ish)
Powder coated stuff forks motor covers and some other bits.
Then the cleaning and painting of the motor!
25 years of dirt adds up.





The rear shock is re done and the spring is now powder coated black.
next is to rebuild the shocks.
Bolts are separated to get sent to get made all shinny!
Ran the "to get paint ones" through the wire wheel giving them a good clean up.
Having the Compressor hooked up this week to power and getting the sand blaster up and running ( I have a few other projects on the go as well as some stuff for other people).
I picked up a wire set up from Used Vic to do the lights etc..
Needing to tidy up the shop a bit more and sort out the tool boxes.
Looks like I will be getting rid of a bunch of sockets and wrenches as well I think I have a few hundred.

 

So a little further with the project...

Things got put on hold a bit and we did some renovating to the garage. ( The better half wanted somewhere better to work then on the floor for me).

Its nice to have work tables we got then wrapped in metal (thanks Jason) and added cabinets etc. 

Nice to have a good bench!


Now the motor is getting pulled apart. I am going to have the side covers powder coated.

Painted the tank.
Now some stuff to get chromed and need to order some gaskets!


Thursday, January 21, 2010

Da Sand Blaster

So On a trip to Ikea we wound up finding a 60 gal Sand blaster at princess auto. It was the floor model that "did not work". I got in talking to the guy and found out " it was broken and was going to be sent to away". I talked the guy into selling it to me for far below cost given it did not work. It came with Media (sand) too. It was a simple $4 buck fix. We did however discover that a 60 Gal Sand blasting Cabinet fits in a Nissan rogue. As well as a trip to Ikea. Go figure.
We also needed a compressor big enough to run the blaster. Thanks to Rona we were able to get a 80 gal 17.5 cfm @ 100 psi for a great deal. That did not fit in the rogue. Thanks to my friend Jason he borrowed a crane truck and picked it up for me. Same guy delivered my tv to the house with the same truck.

Well The bike has been sandblasted and the frame, swing arm and miscellaneous parts have been dropped off to powder coat. (should be ready by the end of the week).

And last night the fucking thing gave me 3 stitches in my finger oh well no pain no gain!

Oh no thats just a cold sore However I do now know why people say if you need help you should ask....

What the hell have I gotten into??

Well its put together and its all there sort of..

Here are some pics of the bike in one piece

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My 84 honda xr 250 r from Beat Dirt Bike to Supermoto

It started in boxes. The kind of boxes that you would see in the corner of your father’s garage you know the one.
The one that has oil stains, tattered edges and is filled with all kinds of stuff. As a kid I lived for these boxes the discovery’s they held. I would love to get elbow deep in them with the wonderment of what they could collectively be.
The boxes I had today came with others it was like getting a set that never really went together.  All different sizes with stuff scribbled on the sides “carburetors” or “clutch” some had previous things like kitchen or recycling. These boxes of cores were in a shed under a balcony more of a cave but what ever.  I collected them up and brought them out to the waiting trailer.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...